Lecture 9: Analysis of mass balance for batch processes, Preparation for salinity control
What to bring
- Fish tank (with long breadboard, LCD panel, etc)
- 12 V power supply
- water bottles
- Be able to describe the role of UCL and LCL in the control algorithms.
- Be able to describe how to compute UCL and LCL
- Be able to describe and distinguish the terms, setpoint, deadband and deadtime
- Be able to describe a procedure for measuring deadtime
- Be able to describe what variables are involved in determining the proportional control response
- Be able to explain why the full proportional control response is not used, and how the actual control response is computed
- Slides on control of salinity pdf
- fishtank_response_time.ino Arduino code for capturing data used to measure response time of the fish tank.
- waiting_for_deadtime.ino Skeleton of code for implementing deadtime in salinity control.
- Mandatory: take the online quiz 7 on D2L. Its access will close 15 minutes before the beginning of class time.
lecture/lecture_9.txt · Last modified: 2020/01/08 14:39 by johnj