Wiring of the Electrical Power
The following schematic shows the power supply circuit. Switches and barrier strip should be in a box (project box or switch box). The barrel jack (male) should also be part of the box and will be the plug to your 12V power supply. For more details on equipment, click here.
- Connect the barrel jack to two of the posts on the barrier strip in the switch box.
- Connect short jumpers (red and green lines in the schematic) to two other terminals
- Connect one switch to each of the positive leads coming out of the barrier strip
- The positive lead from the first switch (S1) goes to the 12V rail of the breadboard
- The positive lead from the second switch (S2) goes to the positive terminal of the pump motor
- Connect the negative (ground) leads
- Negative ground rail of the breadboard
- Negative terminal of the pump
The following photo shows a barrel jack connector (female) for supplying power from the 12V rail to the Arduino. You will use this power supply to the arduino when it is not connected to the computer, at the end of the term.
Again, the barrel jack supplying power to the Arduino should NOT be plugged to the Arduino board when the Arduino is connected to the computer via a USB cable.